Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital form of physical or paper certificates. Some examples of Digital Signature Certificate Online are driver’s licenses, passports or membership cards. Digital signature application online requires some knowledge, so let’s first understand about Digital Signature Certificate before you apply for digital signature certificate online.
Physical documents are signed by hand, and the electronic documents, such as electronic forms, must also be digitally signed using a digital signature certificate.
It must prove the identity of a person for a specific purpose; for example, a driver’s license indicates a person who can legally drive in a certain country. Similarly, a digital certificate can be sent electronically to prove identity, to obtain information or services from the Internet, or to digitally sign certain documents.
Here are some of the places where you can apply for a DSC online:
· Zenith FinServ
A licensed CA can issue a DSC. A licensed Certificate Authority (CA) issues a digital signature. Certification Authority (CA) means a person authorized to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT Act 2000. The list of licensed CAs and their contact details are available on the MCA portal.
Class 2 or Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate (DSc) must be obtained from e-Filing issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) licensed on the MCA portal.
All signatories authorized under MCA21 require a Class-2 digital signature certificate. Similarly, all documents submitted by CA/CS/CWA and TAX PRACTITIONERS under MCA21 require a Class 2 Digital Signature Certificate.
Types of Digital Signature Certificates
There are basically three types of Digital Signature Certificate Online. Apply for digital signature certificate online based on these categories:
Class 1: It provides a level of assurance where the risks and consequences of data compromise are not considered significant. This cannot be used by companies. It only verifies the name and email address of individuals.
Class 2: This level is appropriate for environments where the risks and consequences of data corruption are moderate. This may include transactions with significant financial value or risk of fraud, or involving access to private information where there is a significant likelihood of malicious access. Here, the identity of the person is verified based on a trusted, pre-verified database.
Class 3: This level is important in environments where threats to data are high or the consequences of data security service failures are high. This may involve very high value transactions or a high risk of fraud. This is the highest level where a person must present himself to a Registration Authority (RA) and prove his identity.
How to apply for a digital signature certificate online?
Digital Signature apply online requires certain steps. Go through the steps to apply for digital signature certificate online:
STEP 1: Log on and select your Type
· Log in to the website of a certificate authority authorized to issue digital certificates in India. Once you enter the page, you will be redirected to the “Digital Authentication Services” section.
· In the Digital Certification Services section, click the type of organization for which you want to obtain a DSc (for example, Individual or Organization).
· Download the DSc Registration Form.
STEP 2: Fill the required Details
· Once you have downloaded the form, fill in all the required information.
· When filling out all the required information, you must attach a recent photo and sign the declaration form. Please check carefully whether the form is filled out.
· Please print and save your completed form.
STEP 3: Proof of Identity and Address
· Attachments presented as proof of identity and address must be certified by an attesting officer.
· Please ensure that the certifier’s mark and seal are clearly visible on the certificate.
STEP 4: Payment
· To apply for a DSC, you will need to obtain a payment receipt or check on behalf of the local registrar where you will submit your application for verification.
[Note: You can find details about the registration authority in your area by searching online for certificate authorities authorized to issue digital certificates.]
STEP 5: Post the required Document
· Enclose an envelope containing the following documents to the Local Registration Authority (LRA) and send it to the LRA’s designated address for further processing:
¨ DSC Registration Form duly completed
¨ Supporting document for Proof of Identity and proof of address attested by the attesting officer.
¨ Demand Draft/Cheque for payment.
These steps mentioned above done as required will help you get Digital Signature Certificate Online. However, this might get a little bit tricky to apply for a digital signature certificate online yourself, as any mistake can lead to rejection of the form and waste of money.
It is advised to get an experienced CA if you want Digital Signature Certificate Online or choose some of the reputed DSc service providers such as Zenith FinServ, which does all your work when you look to Digital signature apply online.