How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Online?
With the new features in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website, changing the mobile number in the aadhaar card has become easier. Customers can now link mobile numbers and make an aadhar card mobile number update from the website by following a few crucial yet easy steps.
Steps to Make Aadhar Card Mobile Number Update
The customers might wish to change their mobile numbers on the aadhaar card. In such a scenario, they need to conduct a few steps to replace the old number with a new one. The following are the eight steps to update the mobile number in the aadhaar card.
- First, customers need to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Next, they need to type the old phone number that they wish to change in the box.
- Then, they need to press ‘Send OTP’ to allow the system to send a one-time password to the old number.
- The customer must then type the OTP on the mobile number and click on ‘Submit OTP and Proceed.’
- For the fourth step of the aadhaar card mobile number update, customers must select the ‘Online Aadhar Services’ option. From the drop-down that includes name, gender, address, email address, and phone number, customers must select the ‘phone number’ option.
- Now they need to type the new phone number which they want to replace the old number with.
- On confirming, another page will pop up where they must write the captcha. This time, the OTP will be sent to the new number.
- After providing the OTP and clicking on ‘Save and ‘Continue’, the aadhar card mobile number update will be completed.
Once done, the customers must visit the nearest aadhaar centre and provide the fees and other information for the number change.
How to Schedule an Appointment Online for Mobile Number Updation?
Apart from doing the process stated above, customers can schedule appointments for the update. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on the ‘Book Appointment’ on the ‘My Aadhaar’ menu.
- Now select a place for an appointment and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Now type the old mobile number and the captcha.
- Copy the OTP from the mobile number and verify it on the website.
- Next, enter the personal details, place, and the time for the appointment according to convenience.
- Take the booking appointment number and carry it to the appointment centre.
Although the customers will have to change their mobile number in the aadhar card offline, they need to make the appointment online for this process.
How to Check Aadhar Card Mobile Number Update?
Customers can check whether the mobile number is updated or not by performing the following steps.
- Visit the UIDAI online portal.
- Find the ‘Online Aadhar Service’ option and click on the drop-down.
- Go to the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ option in the drop-down menu. Click on it, and a page will appear.
- On the page, write down the aadhar card number, security code, email ID, and the new mobile number that you recently registered.
- An OTP will be generated. Copy the OTP and write it in the OTP section for verification.
- A green tick will appear on the screen if it is verified. If not, then the new mobile number is not registered.
By following the steps stated above, customers can make an aadhar card mobile number update online at their convenience. Besides, it is mandatory, and without updating the mobile number, one cannot avail of the services from the government-run web portals. Furthermore, the aadhar card download won’t serve as authentic identity proof. Therefore, ensure to change the mobile number registered whenever you take a new number to gain the benefits and the privileges.