How can you unlock the QuickBooks error 1712 from your system?
During the QuickBooks desktop installation process, a number of users have reported coming across the error 1712. This issue manifests itself most frequently on computers running Windows and is caused by damaged QuickBooks installation files or operating system files. On your screen, you can see the error message that reads as follows:
“We sincerely apologize! The installation did not go smoothly for some reason.
Error 1712: One or more of the files necessary to return your computer to the state it was in previously cannot be located. It will not be possible to begin the process of restoration.”
The factors contributing to QuickBooks installation error 1712
It’s possible that you’re seeing the QuickBooks Install error 1712 on your screen because of an issue with the operating system or a program. The following items can be found on the whole list of causes:
- It appears that some of the files that make up your QuickBooks Installation were either damaged or corrupted.
- You are not permitted to use this service with the account that you are now connected to.
- The Windows-based QB files you use have been infected with malicious software.
- The version of Windows that you are using is now considered to be obsolete.
In the section that immediately follows, we will discuss the methods that have proven to be the most effective in resolving QuickBooks upgrade problem error code 1712 after either installing or uninstalling software. Make sure that you follow the process without skipping any of the steps that are considered to be the most significant.
Read this guide if you would like to know about the QuickBooks Data Conversion services
Here are the top two solutions to resolve QuickBooks Desktop problem 1712 during installation
On a desktop computer, resolving QuickBooks Installer error code 1712 is possible through one of three primary approaches. These choices include making use of the Quick Fix my Program tool, putting an end to any running processes in the background, and creating new user profiles in Windows. Let’s look at these different options in a more in-depth fashion.
The first solution is to halt the background process of the Task Manager
There is a possibility that QuickBooks error 1712 is caused by a QB procedure that is running in the background. It is necessary to end any and all background programs related to QB in order to fix the issue. Make use of Task Manager, and after that, attempt to reinstall QuickBooks once more. These are the actions:
- On the keyboard, hold down the Alt and Ctrl keys at the same time.
- Choose the Task Manager option from the drop-down menu.
- When the window for the Task Manager appears, you will be sent to the default screen.
- Navigate to the tab labeled “Process,” and then select all of the processes whose names contain the word “QuickBooks.”
- Select the option to terminate each process one at a time by using the right mouse button.
After that, try to reinstall QuickBooks after you have restarted your computer.
Utilize the QuickBooks Quick Fix Software as the second possible solution
Using the “Quick fix” programmer tool can help you resolve any problems that are associated with files. Through the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you’ll be able to gain access to it. It’s possible that you’ll need to download a different version of QuickBooks from Tool Hub if you’re working with an older version of the program. In order to make use of the Quick Fix My Program, you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Commence operation of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Navigate to the Programs Issues menu, then select the Quick Fix My Program option.
- You are required to wait till the treatment has been finished.
After that, check to see if the error 1712 happens on your desktop after you’ve installed QuickBooks.
Also see this related post: QuickBooks Error 40001